For Painting and Sculpture
- Submission date:
- 31 March 2016
- Graduate Opportunity
The first prize is a year long £20,000 Fellowship, based in the Woon Tai Jee, studio located at BALTIC 39 in Newcastle’s city centre and includes mentoring from Northumbria University staff and a one person exhibition with catalogue at the end of the Fellowship. There are also two runner-up prizes of £9,000 and £6,000 plus a further £5000 judges discretionary award.
You can find out more about BALTIC 39 and the Woon Prize at woonprize.co.uk
10–12 artists will be shortlisted from open submission for exhibition, held in BALTIC’s beautiful, top floor project space at BALTIC 39 and the solo exhibition, which concludes the Fellowship, at Northumbria University’s Gallery.
Information on previous recipients can be found at baltic39.com/woonprize
BALTIC and Northumbria University, as an important aspect of our partnership activities, offer the The Woon Foundation Prize for Sculpture and Painting jointly. Now in its fourth year, the Prize is open to all U.K. undergraduate Fine Art students who are in their final year of study, graduating in summer 2016. The Prize is fee-free and open submission via woonprize.co.uk and it will be selected and judged by a jury of curators and artists of international standing.
The timeline is as follows:
- 1 February 2016 Applications open at woonprize.co.uk
- 31 March 2016 Applications close
- Mid May 2016 Shortlisted artists notified
- 30 June 2016 Shortlist exhibition Private View & prize announcement at BALTIC 39
- 1 – 31 July 2016 Shortlist exhibition on display in BALTIC’s Project Space at BALTIC 39
- October 2016 Prize-winner takes up residence at BALTIC 39 studio space